Homeowner to be chosen by lottery among qualified buyers subject to certain residency and family size considerations.
Applicants are required to meet several qualifications to ensure success. In general, prospective homeowners must:
- Do you live or work in Beverly, Danvers, Lynn, Lynnfield, Marblehead, Nahant, Peabody, Salem, Saugus, Swampscott, Topsfield, Gloucester, Rockport, Manchester, Essex, Ipswich, Hamilton, Wenham or Rowley?
- Is your current housing overcrowded, substandard, in a dangerous neighborhood or costs more than 50% of your total income?
- Are you willing to help build your own home?
- Does your family’s total gross income fall within the ranges posted below?
2016 INCOME GUIDELINEs
|Household Size||Minimum Income||Maximum Income|
In addition, each partner family will be required to:
- Invest sweat-equity hours in building his/her home and others.
- Make an affordable down payment.
- Make timely mortgage payments.
- Attend homeowner education classes.
If you answered YES to all of these questions, you could qualify for home ownership through Habitat for Humanity North Shore. To apply for home ownership download an application from our website, email or telephone and request an application.
To apply, you may:
- Download an application from this website and return by mail. Download forms here: Application form: Spanish Application form:
- Email email@example.com requesting an application. Include name, address and phone number.
- Call (781) 598-0310 and tell us you would like an application packet. Please leave your name, address and phone number.
Habitat for Humanity-North Shore
215 Maple St.
Lynn, MA 01904
If you do not live in the service area, use our online search tool or call our help line at 1-800-422-4828 to identify a Habitat affiliate near you.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY NORTH SHORE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM THAT PROVIDES DECENT, AFFORDABLE HOME OWNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES TO LOW INCOME FAMILIES LIVING AT 40% TO 60% OF THE AREA’S MEDIAN INCOME ADJUSTED FOR FAMILY SIZE AND IS COMMITTED IN PARTNERSHIPS WITH FAMILIES IN NEED.